Founder of a pelvic wellness modality called ‘Yoni Mapping Therapy – The Bliss Method’, Bonnie Bliss is also a sex educator, somatic sexologist, speaker and writer. Together with Elise Savaresse, she co-created The Yoniverse – a series of workshops and retreats in ‘real sex education for adults’ – now offering events all over Australia.
Having trained practitioners in various capacities since 2013, Bonnie developed the first full certification training in ‘Yoni Mapping Therapy – The Bliss Method’ in early 2017. This intensive 6 month education program (with many expert guest facilitators) was offered to a group of 25 amazing women from all over Australia and the world – who are now fully certified Yoni Mapping Therapists!
Inspired by human relationships, the wisdom of our bodies and the beauty of the natural world, one of Bonnie’s weaknesses is taking on too many projects because, well, she just got excited about the infinite possibilities!
She is passionate about writing, simple living, organic food, quality time with loved ones and her ongoing (not so successful) attempt at becoming a ‘minimalist’. After too many years of being a country girl in the city, Bonnie now lives with her amazing husband, Ben, on a farm in the Byron Bay hinterland.
Yoni Mapping Therapy : www.yonimappingtherapy.com
The Yoniverse : www.theyoniverse.com
Professional Training & Background…
In her field, Bonnie believes that one of the most important skills is the capacity to create a safe and open space to allow people to have their own unique experience. Some things can never be taught formally! Much of what she works with has been learned through the invaluable experience of offering thousands of sessions over many years.
However, obviously she also has a background in all kinds of formal training:
- Gestalt Psychotherapy (Erik Smith – Gestalt Institute of Scandinavia)
- Tantric Bodywork (Tantra Temple, Denmark)
- Somatic Sexology (Certified Sexological Bodyworker through the IISB)
- Certified Karsei Nei Tsang Practitioner (Taoist Abdominal Pelvic Bodywork)
- Certified Holistic Pelvic Care (TM) Practitioner (Tami Lynn Kent)
- Certified Ka Huna Massage Therapist (Mette’s Institute)
She is grateful for the opportunity to learn and be inspired by many different teachers and experts in their fields and has received direct teachings from the following teachers in areas including Embodiment, Psychotherapy, Bodywork and Spirituality…
- Chogyal Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche – (Tibetan Dzogchen Master) Italy
- Michaela Boehm (relating / intimacy / polarity/ lineage work) USA
- Advaita Stoian – Leader of Natha Yoga Centre, Denmark
- Joseph Kramer – (founder of Sexological Bodywork) USA
- Didi Liebold – International Institute of Sexological Bodywork, Switzerland
- Erik Smith – (Gestalt Therapist trainer) Gestalt Institute, Denmark
- Uraiwan Suebklai (teacher for Mantak Chia) Karsei Nei Tsang, Thailand.
- Pi Jem Thanachon– Female Reproductive massage, Thailand
- John Bennati – private training in pelvic Muscle Corrective Therapy, Australia
- Tami Lynn Kent – Holistic Pelvic Care (TM) – USA
- Holly Wodetzki – Shiva Shakti Dance – Australia
- Natalie le Jeune – Urogenital osteopathy techniques – France / Bali
- Jenny Blyth (Birthwork) – internal bodywork for birth preparation – Australia
- Daniel Odier – (Kashmiri Shivaist Tantric master) – France